One of my favorite hobbies is finding ways to save money and earn cash back- it’s literally a thrill for me. In today’s post I want to share with you some of my favorite ways to be frugal. I will leave my referral codes where possible (because on many rebate apps you will get a bonus as well!)
- Rebate Apps
If you own a smartphone you have the potential to earn hundreds of dollars back a year, and its on things you buy every week at the grocery store. I will start with my favorite and go from there:
- Ibotta This has been one of my all time favorites; since I started ibotta thus far I have earned $276.05 back from buying stuff at Walmart. This app has numerous stores you can shop from and get money back via PayPal or a nice selection of store gift cards such as Walmart, Amazon, and even restaurants! Referral code: wihcsvg
- Fetch Rewards Scan your receipts on this app and earn points that will earn you a variety of gift cards (like Walmart), you could get your rewards on a MasterCard/Visa, or there is even an option where you can donate your rewards money to a charity! Referral code: Q74W1
- Shopkick This is a fun app! on this app you rack up points by scanning barcodes on certain items (you don’t have to buy them, but if you did you get even more points); you can even earn points just by walking into certain stores! You can have your earnings sent to your paypal, trade them in for gift cards like Ulta, Disney, or Hotels.com. Referral code: SALE393966
- Receipt Hog This app only requires scanning all your receipts. Each receipt will earn you coins that turn into cash and you can have it put on your Paypal or Amazon.
- Checkout 51 So far i have earned $68.10 on this app! this one is a lot like Ibotta, you scan for the items you bought and take a photo of your receipt. After the item has been verified they will add the money to your earning, as soon as you reach the “cash out limit” they mail you a check. Referral link: https://checkout51.app.link/20hBgZCRT1
Couponing can be a little time consuming depending on how deep you get into it. There are many couponing groups for certain stores on Facebook that are very helpful.
- Coupon Apps & Websites Some websites offer manufacturers coupons such as P&G, Coupons.com, etcetera. Coupons.com also comes in an app form that will allow you to print coupons via bluetooth compadable printer.
- Newspapers Sunday newspapers have inserts containing manufacturers coupons (expect for on holiday weekends). Some social media groups share what coupons are coming out each sunday so you will know if its worth spending money on the paper. MAKE SURE YOUR INSERT IS IN TACT BEFORE YOU SHUT THE DOOR!!! There are dishonest people in this world who will steal the inserts out of all the newspapers. Before I slowed down couponing I would wake up at 5 a.m. on my off day to meet the paper delivery man (if I didnt people would steal all the inserts and id go home empty handed and 50 cents broker).
- Digital Coupons Digital coupons are my favorite (except for when the system isn’t working- it happens, its a little embarrassing). I love these because you dont have to pay for them and you dont have to print them, wasting ink and paper.
Stores like publix and dollar general will allow you to use coupons on most sale items so make sure you compare your ad to the available coupons. This is where you’re really going to save some cash!
It is also very important that you learn your store’s coupon policy! Plus make sure you read the fine print on your coupons and verify that your item matches. Don’t try to use coupons on items it wasn’t made for, people will tell you “it will go through” but its dishonest.
Fun Fact: Sometimes big companies like Frito-lay will mail you coupons if you send them feedback on their websites (I always let them know how much my husband loves Doritos).
3. Earning Free Products
- Influenster This is an app where you connect your social media and give honest reviews of products you’ve used. Followers on social media and referrals earn points on your “impact score”. The higher your impact score, and the more you review and interact, the more likely you are to receive a Voxbox. A voxbox is when Influenster sends you a free product(s) in the mail in exchange for an honest review. Once you receive your box you will be given a challenge to earn badges by sharing on each of your social medias your honest opinion on the product, then submitting it to Influenster. Referral link: http://www.influenster.com/r/4777348
- Food Apps Many restaurants are building their business with rewards apps you can download on your smartphone. Usually the jist of it is “if you buy so many you get something free”. Some of my favorite food apps are Panara Bread, Jimmy Johns, and Firehouse Subs.
- Retail stores many retail stores also have rewards systems where you can earn free stuff! Make sure you download the apps to the stores you shop at. Stores like Ulta and Maurice’s have a wonderful points system.
I hope you found this blog helpful. Thanks to couponing and rebates I was able to supply my home, my parents, and my brother’ home with hygiene, household, and even sometimes food and pet items for two years. If you have any questions feel free to ask; Also if you have a favorite way to save please share in the comments!